XMCERA | AlN Ceramic Component
▼ AlN Ceramic
Aluminum nitride (AlN) is a new ceramic material with excellent comprehensive properties. It has excellent thermal conductivity, reliable insulation, low dielectric constant and dielectric loss. Non-toxic and silicon matching thermal expansion of a series of excellent properties. It is regarded as an ideal material for the packaging of new-generation high-concentration semiconductor substrates and electronic devices, and has been highly valued by researchers at home and abroad. Theoretically, the thermal conductivity of aluminum nitride is 320W/(m). The thermal conductivity of polycrystalline aluminum nitride prepared in industry can also reach 100~250 W/(m). This value is 5 ~10 times of the thermal conductivity of the traditional substrate material alumina, close to the thermal conductivity of beryllium oxide, but because beryllium oxide is highly toxic, it is gradually stopped in industrial production. Compared with other ceramic materials, aluminum nitride ceramics have excellent comprehensive properties and are very suitable for semiconductor substrate and structural packaging materials. It has great potential in the electronics industry. In addition, aluminum nitride ceramics can be used as crucible for melting non-ferrous metals and semiconductor materials gallium arsenide, evaporation boat, protective tube of thermocouple, high temperature insulation parts, and can be used as high temperature and corrosion resistant structural ceramics, transparent aluminum nitride ceramic products, so it has become a kind of inorganic materials with wide application prospects.
|Low Dielectric Loss||Low Thermal Expansion|
|High Thermal Conductivity||High Electrical Insulation|
▼ AlN Construction
AIN crystals have wurtzite type structure and belong to hexagonal system with AIN4 tetrahedron as structural unit covalent bond compound. Chemical composition AI 65.81%, N 34.19%, specific gravity 3.261g/cm3, white or grayish white, single crystal colorless and transparent, the sublimation decomposition temperature at atmospheric pressure is 2450℃. It is a kind of high temperature and heat resistant material. Thermal expansion coefficient (4.0-6.0) X10^-6/℃. The thermal conductivity of polycrystalline AIN is 260W/(m.k), which is 5-8 times higher than alumina, so it has good thermal shock resistance and can withstand extreme heat at 2200℃. In addition, aluminum nitride is resistant to aluminum liquid and other molten metals and gallium arsenide, especially to molten aluminum liquid has excellent corrosion resistance.
• Aluminum nitride powder with high purity, small particle size and high activity is the main raw material for manufacturing aluminum nitride ceramic substrate with high thermal conductivity.
• Aluminum nitride ceramic substrate, high thermal conductivity, low expansion coefficient, high strength, high temperature resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, high resistivity, low dielectric loss, is the ideal large-scale integrated circuit cooling substrate and packaging materials.
• Aluminum nitride hardness is higher than traditional alumina, is a new type of wear-resistant ceramic material, but because of the high cost, can only be used for serious wear parts.
• AIN ceramics can be made into GaAs crystal crucible, Al evaporation dish, MHD power generation device and corrosion resistant parts of high temperature turbine, and can be used as infrared window by its optical properties. Aluminum nitride film can be made into high frequency piezoelectric components, large scale integrated circuit substrates, etc.
• Aluminum nitride is resistant to heat and corrosion by molten metals, stable to acids, but easily corroded in alkaline solutions. When exposed to wet air, the new surface of AIN reacts to form an extremely thin oxide film. Using this property, it can be used as crucible and die material for smelting aluminum, copper, silver, lead and other metals. AIN ceramics have good metallization performance and can be widely used in electronic industry instead of toxic beryllium oxide porcelain.